[mythtv-users] seeking advice for starting from scratch

Astie, Sebastien sastie at us.nomura.com
Thu Apr 19 20:12:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have cable; I am trying to get mythtv to work with my firewire cable
boxes (provided by my cable company). My cable company broadcasts the
local channels in HD unencrypted over QAM. I have a couple of HDHomeruns
which run perfectly well so I get all the local channels in HD. You can
investigate that option with the cable company in your area.