[mythtv-users] What's up with "You have a title on your dvd in a format myth doesn't understand."

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 04:51:01 UTC 2007

> I'm getting:
> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
> sh: /usr/bin/pmount: Permission denied
> 2007-04-18 20:53:45.875 Failed to mount /dev/scd0.
> 2007-04-18 20:53:45.877 Media status changed...  New status is:
> MEDIASTAT_NOTMOUNTED old status was MEDIASTAT_OPEN

It looks to me like the program pmount has some sort of permissions
problem. That error line seems to indicate that the user executing
that command doesn't have permission to do so. The problem then
cascades because pmount's failure flags the device as not mounted and
when libdvdread tries to read into the disc it can't. It makes several
attempts and then fails.

If you could paste the output of ls -l /usr/bin so I can see the
permissions on the file and let me know what user is executing the
commands when this occurs.

Thanks,

-Drew