[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl and transcoding

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Wed Apr 18 22:39:58 UTC 2007

I started running mythrename.pl every night to make it easier to see my
files in the CLI. Now I find out that mythtranscode needs elements of the
default file name (or I need to be able to find them out) to work, notably
recording time and channel ID.

OK, I can see two fixes (three if you count undoing mythrename.pl, but
that doesn't help the one old program I really want to record):

1. a way to reverse mythrename.pl and name them back

or

2. a way to query the data base by the new name to get the required data.

Anybody have the way out?

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer