[mythtv-users] Wireless Frontend

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 18 15:39:54 UTC 2007

On 18 Apr 2007, at 12:31, Harald Kubota wrote:
>> If you must use wireless for some reason you could look into 802.11a,
>> which does not operate in the 2.4Ghz. "free-for-all" band.
>>

> A small addition to that: it's absolutely true. I have an access point
> which can to
> 802.11a/b/g and one 802.11a NIC (Cardbus) and the link is fast and
> stable,
> regardless of so far anything, including microwaves, rice cookers, or
> anything
> else. Very stable.
>
> Now if I could find a 802.11a USB NIC which works on Linux...

I mentioned on here the other day the Zytel AG-225H adaptor - use
Gossamer's advanced search for my posts - which does 802.11a, which
should be available readily & which seems to have drivers now
available. It has a very small LCD display and "hotspot finder" built-
in (it is a very little larger than a regular USB NIC) but there are
likely other devices using the same chipset that are cheaper & which
lack this feature. If you want the AG-225H adaptor & can't find it
locally then let me know off-list & I may be able to ship to you - I
was given mine as a freebie by a local networking e-tailer.

Stroller.