[mythtv-users] Dumb SVN question

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:45:16 UTC 2007

> Phil,
>
> I'm a Gentoo MythTV user also.  I haven't bothered to rebuild MythWeather
> for myself, but if you want a portage overlay with some SVN builds, try a
> program in portage called "layman".  (
> http://projects.gunnarwrobel.de/scripts/wiki/layman)
>
> Layman installed Portage Overlays for you and has several to choose from.  A
> believe there are a couple for MythTV SVN ebuilds.  I use it on my web
> server for the experimental webapps ebuilds.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cole Brodine

I originally installed MythSVN via svn checkout, which worked fine.
I've used layman for other things, and looking into including MythSVN
in my layman config.

Layman does not (be default) have MythSVN as a selectable overlay.
Adding it should be fairly simple, and is detailed in the forum post I
linked in my original response.

So, if you're only doing this one package, svn checkout is the
fastest, easiest way to get going.

If you update often or are looking to manage several overlays,
layman's a good way to go.

--PhillW