[mythtv-users] blue screen issue

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:21:04 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I'm trying to use an old laptop with a busted LCD screen as a front-end only
device.  It's a p4 (2Ghz).  I loaded FC6 onto it and most things seem to
work okay.  Unfortunately when trying to watch live tv or recorded programs,
all I see is a blue screen.  All of the menus & preview video is fine.

When I try to watch a recorded video with mplayer, the same thing happens.
However, if I do an "mplayer -vo gl [filename]" it plays fine.  I'm assuming
the two are related, and it's the xvmc acceleration that's breaking things.
I started myth using "NO_XV=1 mythfrontend" and the video did play back, but
it was pretty choppy.

The laptop has an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility graphics card.  Is there anyway
to tell myth to use the equivalent of "-vo gl" option in mplayer?

Thanks,
Matt