[mythtv-users] Torrent Auto downloading from RSS

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:51:12 UTC 2007

Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but I'm hoping somebody here can at
least point me in the right direction.

I like to watch some internet TV shows, such as the ones listed on
http://www.revision3.com/ (I'm trying to say, yes they are legal).  They
have an RSS feed which basically gives the updates whenever there is a
torrent for a new episode.

I'm looking for a command line interface program or combination of programs,
scripts, etc, to put on my file server that would read the RSS feed,
download the torrent file, place it in the appropriate folder, and then
start downloading the torrent.  This way, when I want to watch a new
episode, It will already be ready to go for me in MythVideo.

Does anybody know if such a beast exists?  I'm running Gentoo, so I have a
preference to anything that would be in portage.  I have a feeling I'm out
of luck, since some internet searches haven't turned up anything.  The
command line part seems to be the tricky part, but I don't have X installed
on my file server.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Cole Brodine