[mythtv-users] MythWeather Broken

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 17 17:14:08 UTC 2007

Bob Sully wrote:
> It's not just Myth.  The little GKrellM weather plugin is bOrked, also.
>
>  On 14/04/07, Tom Weichmann <tomcw[at]adelphia.net> wrote:

>> http://www.msnbc.com/m/chnk/d/weather_d_src.asp?acid=USCA0638)
>>
>>> Now that I read the above, my guess is that you are looking for the
>>>
>> weather
>>
>>> in United States, California. This kinda blows my regional theory --
>>>
>> unless
>>
>>> you consider the US a region.
>>>
>> Same problem in Buffalo, NY
>>

> There is a ticket filed on this, see: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3303
>
> And your regional theory is truly shot, I am in Australia and have
> experienced this problem as well :)
>
> This isn't only a problem in Mythweb/weather either, mythweather plugin
> doesn't seem to get data either, looks to me like msnbc site is down or the
> url/api has changed or something.

MSNBC's interface and resulting data has always been horrible.  It might
be worth-while to look in to the mythweather-revamp code from the cvs
tree.  I built a plugin (and submitted it) to provide the same
information from MSNBC so that the minimum functionality from the old
mythweather and the new mythweather will be the same.

Although, right now, if it is the same information, it's still going to
be broken. :)

I've almost got a full yahoo replacement in place.  Yahoo, thankfully,
uses XML. :)

-Rich