[mythtv-users] Recordings not appearing (file size B in mythweb)

Stephen Roebuck snroebuck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:40:32 UTC 2007

Hi all,

After successfully using previous versions of Myth I finally decided to
upgrade to version 20, unfortunately after a new installation (which I have
done using the guide kindly provided by Jarod, mythdora, and knoppmyth) I
fail to see any recordings appear either through myth or in the folder
location.

I'm using a PVR250 connected to SkyTV and have no problem watching liveTV
(setup the s-video connection in mythsetup and run mythfilldatabase with no
problems)  I should probably say that I never used the channel change
command but just auto view programmes using SkyTV.

Now whenever a set a recording nothing appears and in mythweb the recording
is listed with a filesize as 'B' (and nothing in the recordings folder).  I
never had this problem with previous versions but now I can't record
anything except using the 'record' key whilst watching liveTV (everything
else is set up OK but what use is it if I can't record!)

I'm coming under increasing pressure from my wife to get it sorted and if I
fail I may have to buy a video recorder.... oh the shame!

Can anybody shed any light on my problem, I'm I missing an essential
step.... any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve