[mythtv-users] Best way to upgrade from an old version

voidtrance at comcast.net voidtrance at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 18:14:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,

after enjoying my myth box for more then a year without touching it at all, I have decided that it is time to modernize. So, as part of that, I have gotten some new hardware that will enable me to install all my 4 tuners, have enough CPU power for HDTV, have the ability to [eventually] do FireWire captures, and have optical sound.

Currently, I am running MythTV 0.19 on a couple of drives with XFS under LVM. I want to switch from XFS to JFS so the drives will have to get a clean wipe (I am also upgrading from FC4 to FC6 x86_64).

What would be the best way to upgrade my Myth box where I get to keep as much of my old stuff as possible? By "stuff", I mean database, recordings, etc.

Thanks for the help!