[mythtv-users] Orphaned mpg files

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 16 14:14:39 UTC 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 7:59 AM, Ben Edwards wrote:

> My hard disk seems to be filling up and I don't think I have THAT
> much recorded.

The question would be *what* is it filling up with?

Most Myth systems run close to full, and use the "autoexpire" feature
to make sure space is always available when needed. LiveTV recordings
will expire quickly even though they seem to "fill up" the drive.
Anything you want to keep forever can be told to not autoexpire.

The point is that disk space, like RAM, is meant to be used, not sit
around empty. If you are one of those who likes to see unused
resources you can specify how much space to leave open, but that's
pretty much a waste of money.

As long as the "filling up" is not causing you any problems why worry
about it?

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org