[mythtv-users] IR receiver issues

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:18:38 UTC 2007

I'm using a CommandIR [1] receiver / transmitter with a Radio Shack 15-2146
All-in-One Remote.  I set the remote up for VCR 0081 and then programmed
missing keys manually using advanced codes.  I have a strange issue half the
time when I hit the "Ok" button in the menu system.  Myth seems to receive
the OK, but does not draw the next screen or option until I hit the up or
down arrow.

For example, in the recordings menu, I hit Info and select Delete.  It does
not show the "Delete it Now" dialog until I hit the up or down arrow.  This
does not happen all the time.

The same issue takes place for the main menu.  If I hit OK on "Watch
Recordings", sometimes it won't display the recordings until I hit Up or
Down.  Are there any tweaks to lircd.conf I should try to remedy this
situation?  I don't know if it's a Lirc issue or a CommandIR receiver or
driver issue.

A snippet of my lircd.conf is as follows:

# devices being controlled by this remote: VCR 0081
#
# Advanced codes used for buttons not implemented in VCR 0081
# -------------------
# Menu Up: 00398
# Menu Down: 00622
# Page +: 00485