[mythtv-users] Problems with netboot on Fedora Core 6, Kernel 2.6.20

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com
Sun Apr 15 19:27:44 UTC 2007

Jon wrote:
> I would remove mtab and create a link to /proc/mounts

Just to be clear: This is all in the boot kernel (initrd.img that lives
in /tftpboot/linux-install/mythfe-2.6.20/).  To make changes to this, I
need to zcat the initrd.img file, mount it via the loopback device, then
look at it.

In this file system, /etc/mtab is already a link to /proc/mounts.  So,
apparently, system-config-netboot already sets this up on Fedora Core.

In looking at /proc/mounts, it looks like the snapshot directory is
indeed mounted at /.snapshot.  But, as I suspected, it's mounted RO.
How the heck can I get that mounted RW?

If I try and do a "mount -o remount,rw /.snapshot" in disklessrc as per
the MythTV wiki page, I see:

    mount: Can't find /.snapshot in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

After that line, the share remains mounted RO in /proc/mounts.

Suggestions?

    -- Jeff