[mythtv-users] No sound (Ubunty Feisty Alternate Install 7.04 with dist-upgrade)

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 22:28:08 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 April 2007, Matt wrote:
> > >
> > > We might want to wait until mythtv leases it's first 1.x release
> before
> > > complaining that it doesn't work correctly.
> >
> > When will people realize that the version numbers in Myth really have
> > nothing to do with what many traditional people think of in terms of a
> > 1.x or 2.x release cycle?
> I know, I just wanted to react on a very helpfull and constructive
>

> Stef

I stand by my original post 100%.  Ubuntu has a set release schedule.  They
announce months ahead of time the exact day when the next version will be
released.  There is no point in spending hours of effort trying to fix a
problem with Feisty today.  In a couple of days when Feisty is actually
released, the problem could very well already be fixed.

MythTV's release schedule mentality is fundamentally nothing like Ubuntu's.
There is no scheduled date for the next mythTV version release.