[mythtv-users] What do you do about e2fsck?

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Fri Apr 13 11:16:32 UTC 2007

> The bad thing with ext3 is that it is not of a modern design as xfs and jfs,
> who in turn are inferior compared to zfs.

I'm curious what all of you people using ext3 do about e2fsck?  Do you just
disable it by setting the interval super high, or do you get to wait for
hours for filesystem checks occasionally?

I've been using ext3 for / and xfs (on a raid5 array) for data for a long
time and it's been a good combination for me.  The e2fsck on the smaller
partition is no big deal and xfs has been stable for me thus far.  (My
backend has gone > 100 days uptime a number of times, usually I take the
machine down for hardware maintenance when it goes down.)

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin