[mythtv-users] Why modify mfdb start/end with MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime? (was Re: Filldatabase cron job necessary?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 12 00:33:11 UTC 2007

On 04/11/2007 08:22 PM, aaron wrote:
> On 11/04/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> I had noticed this before, but since I run my box 24/7/52 (there are
>> only 52 weeks in a year--one day I'll convince the world I'm right ;),
>> it doesn't affect me.  So, I didn't think it was worth asking about.
>> However, now that someone else has brought it up... ;)
> But anyway, it would be awesome if the housekeeper could figure out it
> missed the run.

The "did we miss a run" logic would be far more than I was suggesting
(which just allows running at any time of day rather than during some
two-hour block which doesn't really make sense except unless it's
running during that 2-hour block on the day of the suggested run);
however, I can do that, too (or instead if there is some reason for the
2-hour block).  I'll be able to work on the one that would only help
DataDirect users whenever, but I won't be able to get to the more
complex one until later (probably when I get to the housekeeping does
repair/analyze/optimize/backup patch).

I guess people outside of North America shut down their systems, too.
;)  So, it probably makes sense to put a real fix in there, too.

Mike