[mythtv-users] changing directories for videos w/o losing information

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:20:54 UTC 2007

Hi there,

MythTV being the success it is in this household (WAF and Kids
Approval Factor at an all-time high), my initial backend organisation
of

livetv/
movies/
series/
other/

got slightly out of hand, ie. too many files particularly in the
movies/ directory.  After having added another disk to my LVM/XFS
based backend, I would like to reorganize these directories, but am
wondering whether I will lose all the information associated through
IMDB and manually when moving data to different directories?

Is there a preferred/recommended method to not lose the information
(fiddle with the database?)

Thanks in advance
--
cheers,