[mythtv-users] MythTranscode failure in 0.20 with status

Leland Weathers leland at lcweathers.net
Wed Apr 11 23:09:01 UTC 2007

> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:23:17 -0400
> From: Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTranscode failure in 0.20 with status
> 	0
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 15:54, Leland Weathers wrote:
> > I am trying to run transcode (hitting 'X' while watching a recording). I
> > have specified mpeg4 as the output (per
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/247229 since I had
> > been getting the 278 status error previously) There is a cutlist (auto
> > commercial flag job + manual edit of the beginning of the recording). The
> > job fails fairly quickly.
>
> I don't know if it's the same issue, but I've had problems transcoding
> recordings made with my two MPEG-2 devices (a Hauppauge PVR-USB2 and an
> AVerMedia AVerTV M150-D). The workaround I use is to first transcode them
> WITHOUT a cutlist and to then transcode them with a cutlist. I generally do
> the first transcode using lossless transcoding (and often the second, for
> that matter, depending on what I want to do with the recording), so it goes
> pretty quickly.
>
> --
> Rod Smith
> http://www.rodsbooks.com

Thanks for the quick response. I tried removing the cutlist, and using the
mythfrontend 'X' option, and the myttranscode command-line without
the --honorcutlist argument, and am still getting the same errors that were
detailed in the original email. I remember when I first set up Myth, I used
the auto-transcode job, and I'm sure that did not work either, as I do not
have any mpeg4 files in my recordings directory. At that time, I was not yet
looking at the logs, I do notice that after running the transcode jobs, I do
see a 608 byte *.tmp file owned by root if I run it from the mythfrontend
(separate box from the backend), or owned by mythtv if I run the command-line
job.