[mythtv-users] Filldatabase cron job necessary?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:55:17 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Is there anything that needs to be setup in the backend for it to control
> the fill?  If so where?
>
> If it is automatic, it would seem that a cron job would be completely
> redundant.
>
> Jon
>
>  ------------------------------

from the online documentation....

 9.4 Configuring and running
mythfilldatabase<http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc9.4>

*NOTE*: *mythfilldatabase* might take a while to complete, depending on any
number of factors, most of which you can't control. It's best to just let
the program run to completion. *mythfilldatabase --help* will give a full
listing of the options available.

*mythfilldatabase --manual* is another option; the manual option will allow
you to fine tune channel frequencies and specify which channels will be
added to the database.

*mythfilldatabase --file* is an option if there isn't an XMLTV grabber for
your country, but you *do* have an XML formatted listings file created by
some other program.

*mythfilldatabase --xawchannels* is an option if you have used *xawtv* to
fine-tune your channels and would like to import the fine tuning offsets
into MythTV.

*mythfilldatabase --refresh-today* will only pull guide data for today (in
case of late-breaking changes to the schedule).
Periodically running *mythfilldatabase*

In order to keep your database filled, *mythfilldatabase* should be run once
a day.

*To use MythTV's built-in capability, you'll need to run the mythfrontend
Setup option. From the mythfrontend, enter the Setup>General screen and
advance to "Mythfilldatabase", the fourth screen. Select the checkbox, then
complete the options as you see fit. The mythbackend program will now run
mythfilldatabase for you.*

**

Mitchell