[mythtv-users] Linux for VIA EPIA-M

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:55:25 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Peter Bowyer <peter at bowyer.org> wrote:

> On 11/04/07, Tom Weichmann <tomcw at adelphia.net> wrote:
> > I know that this is a little off topic, but I am the proud owner of a
> VIA EPIA
> > M fresh off eBay and I am looking for Linux distros that work with
> this.  I
>
> Have you looked at MiniMyth (www.linpvr.org)? Works well here on a
> diskless EPIA M frontend. It's not a general-purpose distro but it's
> great for a dedicated FE.

MiniMyth is great and works well on my ME6000.  I boot mine off of a compact
flash card using a CF to IDE adapter and am quite happy with the result.
Here's how:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/distribution/minimyth/compact-flash-install.html

It is basically a mythfrontend only distribution based on busybox.  It is as
close to a dedicated "set-top box" distribution as I've seen for MythTV.

-Pete