[mythtv-users] Linux for VIA EPIA-M

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 11 16:32:20 UTC 2007

> On 11/04/07, Peter Bowyer <peter at bowyer.org> wrote:
>> On 11/04/07, Tom Weichmann <tomcw at adelphia.net> wrote:
>>> I know that this is a little off topic, but I am the proud owner of a VIA EPIA
>>> M fresh off eBay and I am looking for Linux distros that work with this.  I
>>> planned on using openSuSE 10.2, but it seems to not support the C3 processor
>>> as the boot CD did not boot...
>>>
>>> I'm using  iMedia MythTV right now, but I don't like it that much.  It is kind
>>> of a pain.

My mythbox is an SP130000 running Fedora 6 in a Silverstone case with a
VIA 2 card PCI riser, with a PVR500 and HD3000 cards (as well as an
HDHomeRun externally).
Installing Fedora was quite straightforward, even the very first time
(Fedora 4 back then). I followed Jarod Wilson's excellent guide and
built from SVN right from the beginning, in order to ensure the correct
configure options: (among others) --arch=c3-2 --enable-xv --enable-xvmc
--enable-xvmc-vld --enable-xvmc-pro --enable-xvmc-opengl
--enable-opengl-vsync

Geoff