[mythtv-users] No ATI support for Myth says AMD

raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:12:05 UTC 2007

Joe Votour wrote:
> Letting people outside of
> their company write drivers which they have no control over would be
> corporate suicide.
>
> -- Joe

Most of what you say makes sense, but I disagree with that last part.
Look at the open source ralink drivers (rt2500, etc.). They're not
exactly killing the company, or the companies that use their chips, like
Zonet. Those open source drivers were created with ralink's help.

If ATI and Nvidia could help the open-sourcers a little more, I think
everyone stands to gain.
Raphael