[mythtv-users] Best Filesystem Type?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:36:26 UTC 2007

> I believe that most of the XFS related-issues were primarily due to some
> problems with the fs driver in kernel versions prior to 2.6.18. I know
> that 2.6.17 in particular actually introduced a pretty major (but
> subtle) bug that could wreak havoc on your filesystem. But using .18 or
> newer you shouldn't have any problems.
Well, I have been using xfs on my mythbackend for about a year now and
have had no stability issues.  On the other hand I have xfs on my 2
new hp laptops and I experience random lockups.  But that could be
from the ndiswrapper and windows driver which is the only way I can
get the wireless to work right now.  I am waiting for the 2.6.20
kernel in the next incarnation of OpenSuSE 10.3.
--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at