[mythtv-users] Best Filesystem Type?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:15:00 UTC 2007

> Then I burned the images of MythDora and KnoppMyth, and both use ext3
> with no choice to use JFS, or ReiserFS, or any big journeying systems,
> so... what's the story?

Many people use jfs or xfs. Some, like me, have moved off xfs because
while it handles large files well it may also be associated with
system lock-ups and other issues. I now use jfs which is great. Ext3
used to be slow at deleting large files but as someone else pointed
out there is a workaround for this now and lots of people seem to be
fine with ext3.