[mythtv-users] Alternative to FX 5200 w/TV-out

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Wed Apr 11 01:25:48 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Angus wrote:
>
>> I've searched high and low for an FX 5200 video card with TV-out that's
>> PCI 2.2-compatible without a fan, but the few that are out there have
>> been elusive. Currently I'm on eBay trying to find an AGP motherboard,
>> since AGP FX 5200 video cards abound.
>> I thought that before I go as far as replacing my motherboard to suit a
>> video card (which I'd also have to buy) I'd ask *again* if someone can
>> recommend an older video card who's TV out works well with Linux/MythTV.
>>

> TV out meaning RF?

    No, composite/S-Video is fine.

> Most 5200's have composite or S-Video out.
> I have one (S-Video) with no fan

    Yeah, I was put on to TigerDirect.ca. They have one with the
combination I'm looking for. (At least, I don't think this is PCI
Express:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2148789&CatId=1603
much less PCI Extended)

    Thanks for your input.