[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

Chris Funk cfunk30myth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:25:05 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Michael Eldridge <meldridge at mac.com> wrote:

> I don't get all the premium channels but I do get Encore and HBO. I didn't
> have any problems watching any non-premium channels over Firewire this
> morning. Everyone I tried came through no problem.
>
> On the premium side, Encore comes through. HBO does not. I haven't checked
> the 5C on HBO yet but will when I get home. The nice thing is that I noticed
> Myth is much more graceful about notifying when it's having a problem
> locking in a channel.
>
> I successfully recorded a couple shows from Comedy Central over Firewire
> last night. First time I've been able to do that in a long time. When
> Comcast turned on 5C I was forced to get a PVR-150 to capture non-local
> channels. Now, I'm pretty much back to my old ways and quite happy.
>
> I really hope that Comcast keeps 5C off.
>
> Well, sorry to get your hopes up. I've spent most of the night playing
> with it, and can't seem to get any "premium" channels. I can get
> everything
> 2-99 and even several 100's and some 400's and a couple 500's but when i
> try
> to get HBO, starz, encore etc. it just drops me back out to the main menu.
>
> backend log says :
> Firerec: No input in 15 seconds [P:0 N:1] (select)
>
> I did verify again that 5c says off on the cable box.
> I've tried it on my master backend and on a slave backend. Both have
> different types of Firewire cards, so I don't think it is a card issue.
> Possible though I guess.
>

> Chris

Thanks Michael,

Do you not get them  because you don't subscribe, or just can't get them
over firewire?
My last thought on it is maybe it is signal strength? I have the backend and
slave backend hooked up after it is split a couple times.  Gonna try hooking
it up direct without the splitters tonight and see if that helps.

Chris