[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

Michael Eldridge meldridge at mac.com
Tue Apr 10 18:24:54 UTC 2007

I don't get all the premium channels but I do get Encore and HBO. I
didn't have any problems watching any non-premium channels over
Firewire this morning. Everyone I tried came through no problem.

On the premium side, Encore comes through. HBO does not. I haven't
checked the 5C on HBO yet but will when I get home. The nice thing is
that I noticed Myth is much more graceful about notifying when it's
having a problem locking in a channel.

I successfully recorded a couple shows from Comedy Central over
Firewire last night. First time I've been able to do that in a long
time. When Comcast turned on 5C I was forced to get a PVR-150 to
capture non-local channels. Now, I'm pretty much back to my old ways
and quite happy.

I really hope that Comcast keeps 5C off.