[mythtv-users] When does "Delete and Re-record" actually Re-record?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Apr 10 09:09:20 UTC 2007

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>> Lately I have been using "Find One" since it lets Myth's scheduling smarts
>> work better I think.
> FindOne is unique to myth. This gives the scheduler the same
> flexibility for movies and specials to choose any showing like
> an episode of a series except it will stop recording after it
> succeeds once then removes the rule the next day. As the
> schedule changes it may choose a different showing that is a
> better fit.

> FindOne is like an All rule except that the rule is discarded
> once it has successfully recorded one showing.

This was an interesting chat and I wondered if FindOne would be improved if it
deleted the rule when the episode was deleted rather than after it's been fired?

Delete (delete's show + FO rule)
Delete and allow re-record  (delete's show + FO rule is still active)

The downside is that the rule would 'clutter up' the scheduler for longer.

Just a thought.

David