[mythtv-users] When does "Delete and Re-record" actually Re-record?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Apr 10 08:51:30 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 01:22, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the clarification. Apparently it runs counter to what I've
> > been expecting from the phrase "Delete and Re-record" (or the front-end
> > wording).
>
> I can understand your saying that. The "allow" is pivotal as
> opposed to 'enforce' or something. The more typical use of this

Yes now I see: like the FindOne rules, these work on a "local" scope, only
concerned with getting a "keeper" recording, and not what happens with it
after recording.

I have adjusted the rules for the upcoming 2 weeks of movies to use "Record at
any time" and have left all the periodic recordings at FindOne. This should
let me cycle movies forever and still juggle series recordings around them.

Thanks for your time to reply so instructively.