[mythtv-users] MythTV XM Satellite Radio Integration

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Tue Apr 10 03:03:05 UTC 2007

Tom Flair wrote:

> On 4/8/07, *Josh* <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
> <mailto:TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com>> wrote:
>
>     Inspired by feedback from my Integrate Sirius
>     (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_Sirius) Wiki article I
>     decided to kill my weekend by Integrating XM in a similar "hack."
>     Hopefully XM users find it useful. It works very much in the same
>     way as
>     the Sirius hack only it doesn't require anything other then MythTV and
>     mplayer to function. It may not be a full featured plug-in but it
>     will
>     get you listening to your XM streams right from your MythTV GUI. :-)
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_XM
>
>     ---
>     Josh

> I've been having issues running the script.  I'm not a programmer by
> any stretch of the imagination, but I can copy/paste the code with the
> best of them.  :P
>
> I try to run xamp setup but this is the error message that I always get:
>
> ./xamp: line 167: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> ./xamp: line 167: `egrep "[(]Not .*? " xmonlinelogin.out > /dev/null'
>
> Suggestions?

That normally happens when there is something like a " character
missing. Try to re-copy and paste the script from the wiki. It may be a
dumb question because I don't know your level to familiarity with vi (if
that is the editor you're using), but are you hitting 'insert' before
pasting the code? You could verify that by making sure the first 6 lines
of your code look like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#!/bin/bash
# Thanks to B. Galliart
# Modified by Elisamuel Resto <user00265 at gmail.com>
# Added config file, broke off song lookup,
# did a few other things, and tweaked for
# MythTV usage by Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com>

I just did a copy and paste and then did a diff on the files and they
came back identical so try the copy-and-paste again. If that doesn't
work hit me back with your distro and IDE.

--
Josh