[mythtv-users] alsa sound problem with two pchdtv-5500 cards

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Apr 9 20:24:21 UTC 2007

OK...was able to partially solve this problem with the help of two patches
to the cx88-alsa module (see
http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466&start=15).

After applying these patches and recompiling the module, I now have analog
sound on the second 5500 card which does not go away on channel or tuner
changes.  I do get a lot of audio buffer-overflow and kernel-driver
messages in the logs, but there are no audible issues.

However, I still don't have analog sound on the card which gets the audio
input from the STB.  I'm sure that this is a configuration problem with
the mixer, but I've tried every combination I can, without a fix.  I know
the sound is going through the 5500 into the motherboard's sound board,
for if I enable the "Line" output, I get a steady stream of audio from the
STB which is not affected by channel changes or even shutting off Myth
altogether - it's just being piped through (and is not in sync with the
video, which lags a few seconds behind, as would be expected).

Anyone with a pcHDTV 5500 card and a Realtec/nVidia nForce ALC850 setup
have this working?  If so, could you clue me in on your mixer settings?

Also - I can't get the SPDIF coaxial out to work under Linux.  It works
fine under Windoze (installed it on a spare HDD and plugged it in,
installed the motheroard drivers....SPDIF out worked fine), so I'm
assuming that's a driver configuration issue (snd-intel8x0)...anyone got
this working?  I've not been able to Google a solution.

Thanks much.....!
Bob

Message: 30