[mythtv-users] Via ME6000 - Can it drive 1680 x 1050 resolution for MythTV?

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:51:02 UTC 2007

I've got my eye on a 22" Samsung widescreen LCD monitor to replace a 19" CRT
TV attached to a diskless MythTV Frontend.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-225BW-Black-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B000I42QO6/ref=sr_1_1/102-4250017-6808965?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176140233&sr=1-1

I'd plan to use this on a Via EPIA ME6000 running MiniMyth.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about if one of those boards can
drive a monitor like that well for MythTV playback?  It's native resolution
is 1680 x 1050.  One Amazon.com review has me questioning whether it will
work well.

I only plan to use it for SD, although I may attach to to a beefier system
in the future for HD.

Thank for any feedback.

-Pete