[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Eric Holt eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Sun Apr 8 06:02:57 UTC 2007

Josh wrote:
> Try following the apt install instructions from the sipie_README... it
> has some references to installing everything with debian apt.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  I got it going on KnoppMyth without too much
further issue, but there are a few things I should note:

Apparently apt is setup to only get packages for KnoppMyth, or
something, I dunno.  I had to edit /etc/apt/sources.list and remove the
#comment from the very top line, to be able to install ANY of the apt
packages that were mentioned in the guide.  Until I did this, it just
kept telling me that they didnt exist.  Oh, and an apt-get update was
required after I un-commented that line to update the package lists.

asciiview isnt installed on KnoppMyth by default, so:
	apt-get aview

ImageMagick isnt installed on KnoppMyth by default, so:
	apt-get imagemagick

I did have to install python-notify, python-setuptools, python-wxgtk2.6,
  and python-beautifulsoup.

I appear to have dbus-x11, but Im not getting any notification of the
song titles/artists...  but I'll fudge with that later on, cuz Im pretty
fricken excited about this working as it is!!!

Now...  Any way to control the volume with the remote when its playing?
  It doesnt appear to use the same volume level as what the TV is
presently set at... infact, its kinda loud.  I was working on this with
my significant other in the room (sleeping) and got a pillow thrown at
me twice... heh!  :)

GREAT work, Josh!!
--Eric