[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Sun Apr 8 06:24:13 UTC 2007

Eric Holt wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>
>> Try following the apt install instructions from the sipie_README... it
>> has some references to installing everything with debian apt.
>>

> SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  I got it going on KnoppMyth without too much
> further issue, but there are a few things I should note:
>
> Apparently apt is setup to only get packages for KnoppMyth, or
> something, I dunno.  I had to edit /etc/apt/sources.list and remove the
> #comment from the very top line, to be able to install ANY of the apt
> packages that were mentioned in the guide.  Until I did this, it just
> kept telling me that they didnt exist.  Oh, and an apt-get update was
> required after I un-commented that line to update the package lists.
>
> asciiview isnt installed on KnoppMyth by default, so:
> 	apt-get aview
>
> ImageMagick isnt installed on KnoppMyth by default, so:
> 	apt-get imagemagick
>
> I did have to install python-notify, python-setuptools, python-wxgtk2.6,
>   and python-beautifulsoup.
>
> I appear to have dbus-x11, but Im not getting any notification of the
> song titles/artists...  but I'll fudge with that later on, cuz Im pretty
> fricken excited about this working as it is!!!
>
> Now...  Any way to control the volume with the remote when its playing?
>   It doesnt appear to use the same volume level as what the TV is
> presently set at... infact, its kinda loud.  I was working on this with
> my significant other in the room (sleeping) and got a pillow thrown at
> me twice... heh!  :)
>
> GREAT work, Josh!!
> --Eric

It uses mplayer to handle the streams, so I'm sure you could hack
together a .mplayer file that would default the volume level for
mplayer... I use SPDIF for all of my frontend outputs so I don't have an
extreme volume flux, but it does get slightly louder when I tune a
station... maybe once you get it set you can add it to the Wiki or you
can let me know what you did and I'll be glad to add it for others to see.

One other thing is that sipie sends the "-nolirc" command to mplayer and
I assume that it's because it doesn't load a GUI to actually manage
mplayer... you could always try removing that from the config and see if
that will work with your remote, that is if you mapped the mplayer keys
in the lirc config.

Wish I could be more help.

--
Josh