[mythtv-users] All's well with DataDirect again

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Apr 8 05:21:26 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/07/2007 10:36 PM, Bruce Markey wrote:
>> $ mythfilldatabase --refresh-all
>>
>> This should only be done when you know that the data in your
>> database is incorrect, say, today for example.
>
> OK, fine, feel free to run a --refresh-all if it makes you feel better.
> ;)  But, all you users, before you do, *please* at least check your logs
> to see what happened on your normal run today.  (You do have

If there weren't an excess of days with sparse data, then
it might only grab tomorrow and any new days at the end and
leave all the days in between (known to be full of inaccuracies)
in place.  Either way, listings will be incorrect until refreshed.
I'd suggest taking care of it manually now and moving forward
with good listings.

> a "--refresh-anything" would be a waste.

Waste of what? The corollary to 'if it ain't broke, don't
fix it' is 'if it's broke, fix it' ;-)

> 2007-04-07 17:10:02.813 Checking day @ offset 0, date: Sat Apr 7 2007
> 2007-04-07 17:10:02.835 Data is already present for Sat Apr 7 2007, skipping

Okay...

> 2007-04-07 17:10:02.835 Checking day @ offset 1, date: Sun Apr 8 2007
> 2007-04-07 17:10:02.835 Refreshing data for Sun Apr 8 2007

Okay...

> 2007-04-07 17:10:10.775 Checking day @ offset 2, date: Mon Apr 9 2007
> 2007-04-07 17:10:10.797 Data refresh needed because only 15 out of 30

Well, that's no good. You can not assume that is the case for
everyone else (or for almost anyone else).

Thirty channels makes me think that maybe this was one of more
than one source perhaps? If so, did it refresh for your other
sources?

In light of this, I highly recommend that users do a --refresh-all
so there is no ambiguity. After a manual refresh, the next automatic
grab will certainly be for just 'tomorrow' and any new days.

--  bjm