[mythtv-users] My PVR is completly borked now!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Apr 8 02:11:48 UTC 2007

Mike Diehl napsal(a):
> Well,
>
> I replaced the powersupply with a new 380W supply.  The previous supply was
> only a 300W.  I also replaced the video card with an FX 5200.
>
> Now I'm able to watch videos both locally and remotely.  I'm not sure if the
> video card or powersupply fixed this.  I'll investigate further.
>
> However, I still can't watch live TV and new recordings are just black.  So,
> is it safe to assume that the capture card died too?
>
> I guess that it's still plausable that I've not got enough power.  I've got an
> AMD 2600+ with 2 IDE hard drives, a CD, a DVD, and 256MB of ram.  Since this
> configuration ran ok for a few years with a 300W PS, I'd think I should be
> OK.
>
> Any other help would be appreciated.

Move the cards around.  See if that makes a difference.  I once had a
slot go bad on a mobo and ended up throwing out a perfectly good capture
card (back when they cost real $$)!

Also, cat /dev/video0 (or whatever your device is and see if it
plays....  (Google for this; you can use mplayer or xawtv as well.)

--Yan