[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 19:45:38 UTC 2007

Some more comments on integrating this more fully with myth, expanded
remote control functionality:

I wanted to be able to stop the radio using my remote rather than
having to scroll to the "Stop Listening" menu item.  I added the
following lines to my ~/.mythtv/lircrc file (note, this assumes that
you do not want to play sirius radio while using other myth functions
as these buttons will kill sirius radio (and python) whenever
pressed):

#kill sirius radio
begin
prog = irexec
button = Stop
repeat = 3
config = /usr/bin/sipie_kill
end

#kill sirius radio
begin
prog = irexec
button = Exit
repeat = 3
config = /usr/bin/sipie_kill
end

#kill sirius radio
begin
prog = irexec
button = Left
repeat = 3
config = /usr/bin/sipie_kill
end

I am also considering adding keys on my harmony lcd that will be links
directly to the radio stations so I don't even need to go through the
menus to play sirius radio.