[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:11:21 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:
> Well, I have finally sat down and integrated Sirius Satellite Radio with
> both of my MythTV frontends. It was so easy to get setup I figured I'd
> create a Wiki article to document how I did it. I'm actually pretty
> happy with the results and I hope people find it useful.

This is very cool.  I got it up and running within an hour (probably
because I am slow, could be even quicker).

Some notes and a question or two:
1) I had to manually install BeautifulSoup.  To do so:
# cd /usr/bin
# wget http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/download/BeautifulSoup.py

2) entering a captcha was a huge PITA, mainly because of overscan
issues.  I had to run it several times (and plug a keyboard in the
frontend).  Next time, I would do this over a vnc session.

3) Is there any was to display the track name, or bring it up with
info request?  I made sure the "showplaying = True" is in my config
file, but nothing happens.  Seems like a great thing for the mythosd
to be able to show (i unfortunately am not smart enough to figure out
how to tweak that).

4) Any way to make this like mythmusic and have visualizations going?
Right now, it just stays on the menu screen.  I guess that is because
it is more of a hack than a plug-in, but would be cool to have that!