[mythtv-users] Internal Player - Seeking issues in MythVideo

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:47:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm starting to use mythvideo more and more and love the fact that I
can use the internal play rather than mplayer like you used to have to
do.  However, I notice that I often time have trouble seeking anything
that's been transcoded to Xvid either via nuvexport or mythtranscode
(ripping DVDs).

For Example:
- If I rip a DVD to ISO, it'll have no problems fast forwarding or rewinding
- If I'm watching an MPEG2 recording, it's just fine (PVR-XXX)
- If I watch anything that has been transcoded to Xvid, it'll have
difficulty fast forwarding and rewinding.  The video doesn't keep up,
the audio plays during seeking in spurts of real-time.  It's like it
has a hard time understanding where it currently is in the video and
playing those frames back during ffwd and rwd.  Occasionally this will
cause myth to freeze and I'll have to restart the frontend to recover.

It seems that these symptoms have been present for the last year or so
that I've been trying to utilize mythvideo.  I'm currently running a
recent version of SVN (this week) and the symptoms have not changed.

Any ideas?

On a related note, I read the commits and wanted to state that I am
not the person who submitted this ticket
(http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2007-April/027577.html),
but it is very similiar to nature to what I'm talking about above only
I haven't noticed how it affects the displayed time of the video.

Thanks!
Matt