[mythtv-users] HDHR and HD/Digital - ALMOST there...

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:11:10 UTC 2007

Greetings,

Slowly but surely,  approaching the conclusion of getting HDHR to get HD
content, as well as digital content.

Issues remaining:

1) [mpeg @ 0x33f6a95700]Parser not found for Codec Id: 94210 !
Upon searching the archives, this *looks* benign.  Is that true?

2) 2007-04-06 07:47:43.413 VideoOutputXv: XVideo Adaptor Name: 'NV17
Video Texture'
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  141
  Minor opcode:  14
  Resource id:  0x1c3

Is this another benign error? Related to the GUI and LiveTV resolutions?

3) 2007-04-06 07:47:57.308 NVP: Enabling Audio
[ac3 @ 0x33f610d530]Error decoding frame

Hardware issue?  Should I upgrade the audio hardware?  It's currently
the onboard audio (ADI AD1986A), which seems to get translated to Intel
sound (it's an Asus M2NBP-VM CSM mobo).

4) Watching Live TV from one of the digital inputs (either HD or just
digital cable) - getting pixelaxtion.  I'm assuming this related to one
or more of the above issues.

I tried running mythfrontend using real time priority/setuid'd (chmod +s
/usr/bin/mythfrontend - uid=root,gid=MythTV).  However, the front end
kept saying it needed to be enabled.  Am I missing something?  Right
now, I have to run mythfrontend as root to get the real time priority.

And one last question - when scanning for channels, I get a high signal
strength (above 90 and usually above 95).  However, when the front end
tunes to one of the channels, its usually between 75-80.  Is discrepancy
normal?

TIA
Brian