[mythtv-users] rlimits configuration

Joel Means jmeans at physics.tamu.edu
Thu Apr 5 21:44:26 UTC 2007

Al wrote:

> It appears I need to enable the use of limits by adding 'session required
> pam_limits.so' to one or more files in /etc/pam.d
> I don't know which ones though.
>
> Specifically in reference to mythfrontend running under user 'mythtv', where
> should the session entrie(s) be added?

It depends on how you are becoming the mythtv user.  Are you logging in
as mythtv and then starting the frontend?  If so, the pam_limits.so line
goes in /etc/pam.d/login (it should be there by default).  If you are
logging in as another user and using 'su mythtv -c "mythfrontend"' or
something of the sort, you need to have that line in /etc/pam.d/su.  If
you login using kdm, it should be in /etc/pam.d/kdm.  I don't know about
gdm, since the system I am currently on uses kdm, but you can look for
an /etc/pam.d/gdm file.  Hope this helps.
Joel