[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 20:44:07 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> After reading past posts on the list and looking at the device itself
> (on the web page), is it as easy as it claims to be?  That old phrase of
> "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't" rings through my head

So far, so good. Easy. No drivers is a big win. Just sorting out the
xmltv stuff like another poster said, but that's no big deal.

> The limitation would be the FE for display, then, right?  I've got a
> shuttle with an AMD64 Sempron 3000+ and 512MB of RAM (the systems are
> *virtually* diskless) which, from what I can gather, may or may not make
> the cut for HD...

I am using an Athlon64 3200+ and 512MB of RAM with an Nvidia 6200tc.
No XvMC and it handles bob deinterlace and FE/BE duties for the HDHR
and a SD cable card all day long.

--
Mark L. Chang