[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:52:06 UTC 2007

On 4/8/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> So neither is *wrong*, just describing different things.

So along these same lines, I've been considering hooking up my OTA
indoor antenna to the second port of the HDHR.  Using a splitter and
having the full cable signal on both was too tempting at first, and
now that I've done all the work of putting in proper xmltvid's for my
30+ QAM channels, I'm not sure if I want to try it another way.  But,
I've heard that the cable co's quality of the feeds, even the local HD
channels, isn't that great.  I also happen to get some music video
channel (The Tube) OTA, which I don't get through the cable co's feed.
 It's good to know that if I do try, the OTA signal won't need any
"aftercare" like the qam signal did.