[mythtv-users] HDHR and SVN

Brian L. Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:27:35 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Brian L. Walter wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>> I'm trying to configure a HDHomerun with Myth from atrpms.  After some
>> research. it appears I need to run a specific (12618) svn of myth to get
>> channel scanning to work.
>>
>> hdhomerun_config sees the device, and finds the qam256 channels on the
>> cable.  However, Myth does not find anything (goes immediately to
>> 'Finish' button).  The forums at silcon dust indicate that svn 12618 of
>> 0.20 is needed to get this to work.  Question:  How do I obtain that
>> specific svn? (New to svn/cvs).
>>

> You do not need a specific version from svn, you need a version that is
> newer than 12618. If you follow the advise of the other poster and
> change your yum.conf settings, you will download a version which will
> work just fine. Please note that for most people a hdhr will not
> automatically assign the channels it finds with the correct channel in
> the zap2it lineup. You will need to do that manually. There are numerous
> howto and newsgroup postings on how to do that association.
>
> You do not need to compile the latest svn to get support for the hdhr
> however it would not hurt anything if you decided to "roll your own".
> There are also many howto on setting up and using svn.
>
> Good luck,
> William

Thanks.  I'll give both options a try.  It's not that its not assigning
the channels, it's that it's not *seeing* any channels.   It sees the
device correctly etc, but, just fails on the scan.  I was researching
this issue on the sdforums, and they made the suggestion about a
specific svn.

So far, the bleeding rpm seems to have the wrong mythtv-setup, though
I'm still tracking that one down...

Thanks again!
Brian