[mythtv-users] HDHR and SVN

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 5 10:39:26 UTC 2007

Brian L. Walter wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm trying to configure a HDHomerun with Myth from atrpms.  After some
> research. it appears I need to run a specific (12618) svn of myth to get
> channel scanning to work.
>
> hdhomerun_config sees the device, and finds the qam256 channels on the
> cable.  However, Myth does not find anything (goes immediately to
> 'Finish' button).  The forums at silcon dust indicate that svn 12618 of
> 0.20 is needed to get this to work.  Question:  How do I obtain that
> specific svn? (New to svn/cvs).

You do not need a specific version from svn, you need a version that is
newer than 12618. If you follow the advise of the other poster and
change your yum.conf settings, you will download a version which will
work just fine. Please note that for most people a hdhr will not
automatically assign the channels it finds with the correct channel in
the zap2it lineup. You will need to do that manually. There are numerous
howto and newsgroup postings on how to do that association.

You do not need to compile the latest svn to get support for the hdhr
however it would not hurt anything if you decided to "roll your own".
There are also many howto on setting up and using svn.

Good luck,
William