[mythtv-users] how to disable the delete recording option ?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:08:12 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, Pietralla, Siegfried P <siegfried.pietralla at eds.com> wrote:
> what ideas do people have to disable delete functionality in mythtv.

nuvexport "nodelete" recordings and put them into mythvideo?

I wouldn't mind an additional attribute for recordings to say "do not
delete" - I was thinking simple file permissions could be used, but
since many run their frontends as root... well... that won't work.

Or perhaps, there could be a mythfrontend (and mythweb?) setting for
default privileges. For me, I can accept the risk of anyone with my
remote control in hand having the ability to "mess up" my mythtv by
deleting content, mucking with setup, etc. I could see however cases
where it would be desirable to have mythfrontend operate in a
"read-only" mode where mythtv content and settings could only be
accessed but not modified/deleted and then having a sort of "sudo"
ability to enter a code/password to do anything that changes settings
or removes content.

Of course, I would want that to be an option - not the default.

-Ross