[mythtv-users] how to disable the delete recording option ?

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:33:40 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, Pietralla, Siegfried P <siegfried.pietralla at eds.com> wrote:

>  hi all,
>
> I've had someone accidentally delete some recordings when they finished
> watching them ( but before I had a chance to watch them ). so I'm wondering,
> what ideas do people have to disable delete functionality in mythtv. I don't
> think I actually need to be able to delete recordings as such since
> expiration will eventually get rid of things anyway.

I had have been thinking about this as well, in Australia ABC broadcast a
lot of music specials (that can't be got anywhere else) that I like to keep
in my watch recordings.

What I would like is to be able do is:
- Mark a recorded program as "read only", removing the delete options from
the OSD and the info menu on watch recordings
- Possibly to be able to schedule the recordings as "read only"

Roo