[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 3 22:49:51 UTC 2007

    > Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:23:43 -0400
    > From: "David Shay" <david at shay.net>

    > On 4/3/07, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > David Shay wrote:
    > > > FYI, an official TMS person "labsadmin" has now admitted that they are
    > > > aware of the problem and are working to fix it.
    > >
    > > Could someone please post that message here verbatim?

    > "We are aware of this and are working to fix it" .  That was all the message
    > from "labsadmin" said.

    > This was in the same thread that you were locked out of, pretty much in
    > response to someone who asked if anyone from DataDirect was monitoring the
    > thread, and who pointed out this wasn't a specific myth problem, and gave an
    > example of the Jay Leno show this week.  The thread has also since been
    > locked.

Hmm.  And one entitled "Incredible shrinking db"
(http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206)
vanished between the time I saw it in the listing
and when I tried to click on it ("The topic or post
you requested does not exist").  It's only a guess,
but I'm guessing it was on this topic.

Truly remarkable how suddenly proactive the monitoring
of the forum is, compared to how bug reports have languished
without so much as an acknowledgment for months before now!

"labsadmin" has also posted the very same message (quoting the
third party claiming "being looked at") at the bottom of the thread
in Discrepancies (http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=1202)
---and locked that thread as well.