[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:49:41 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2007, at 17:43, Michael Freeman wrote:
>
> > I unmuted the IEC958 and plugged in a headphone / optical ->
> > regular optical cable
> > Digital audio just worked then...but the front internal speaker
> > still had the odd noises.
>
> I'd suggest the latest alsa bits, they work perfectly here now.
>
> > Gentoo seems to have xorg-server 1.2.99 and the 1.9.91 version of
> > the intel driver (though it's tagged as an i810 ebuild for some
> > reason [xf86-video-i810-1.9.91.ebuild])
> > I'm going to try unmasking them later and pray.
>
> Ah yes, sorry, the intel driver is indeed shipped in the same tarball
> as the i810 driver. Its slated to eventually replace i810, but it
> hasn't been battle-tested with nearly as many cards as i810, and I'm
> not certain if its supposed to cover older cards or only more recent
> ones...
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Grr..two RCs later of xorg-server 1.3 and i810 2.0, i'm back almost where i
started..the only improvement is that when hooked to a newly-acquired dvi
kvm the mini can detect that my 2405fpw does 1920x1200 and i don't need a
custom modeline in xorg.conf anymore.

the first RC gave me sane CPU usage and automatic detection of 1920x1200 on
my dell's dvi port...but i couldn't drop back to a virtual terminal
the second RC gave me back virtual terminals, but respiked the CPU.