[mythtv-users] Weird distortion on recordings

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Tue Apr 3 14:23:38 UTC 2007

> I'm trying to track down some weird distortion on recordings.  I've
> posted a couple of examples and I hope someone can shed some light on this:
>
> http://www.seiner.com/analog.jpg
> http://www.seiner.com/digital.jpg
>
> This has been happening on my new backend - a 1.67 Ghz Core2 Duo.  I
> transplanted the tuners from my old PIII 1GHz box to this one, and this
> started happening.  Recordings on the old server were perfect; here they
> distort like this.

I had similar problems to what you're showing.  Much more frequently on
the digital than analog, however.  For the analog tuner, I had to modify
my IVTV driver in ivtv-driver.h to IVTV_ENC_PIO 1, which fixed the
analog issues.  For digital, I replaced the power supply, which fixed
those issues.

I tried literally everything else before the power supply.  Motherboard,
processors, removing all the other cards, removing disks, changing ram, etc.

Might be your issue here.